Cape Fear Literacy Council
Cape Fear Literacy Council (CFLC) provides free personalized education so ADULTS can transform their lives and contribute to a stronger community. We offer one-on-one tutoring and small class instruction for reading & writing, ESL, computer skills, math, test preparation, health and financial literacy, and much more.
For all levels: Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced classes! Classes are with our skilled and trained tutors! We have a number of different class times to fit your schedule! Citizenship Program: We have tutors to help you prepare for the citizenship interview and test!
Adult Literacy Program:
CFLC and the Adult Literacy Program can help you:
- With reading, math and writing
- Become more confident with computers
- Study for your GED
- Gain financial literacy
- Study for community college entrance exams
- Each year, we help about 500 adults.
- It is estimated that more than 60,000 adults in the Cape Fear region struggle with literacy.
- 88% of students with specific academic goals reported progress/achievement